If one of your resolutions for the New Year is to get into better physical shape, you are not alone. This is one of the most popular items on many of our lists. If you find the idea of going to the gym daunting, you may want to start with a group fitness class. There are several advantages in taking part in group classes. You meet new people with similar goals, you are coached on proper form and it is easier to keep with a set schedule once you incorporate it into your daily routine.
Indoor cycling has undeniably become one of the most popular group classes at many gyms. Since its introduction into the fitness world in the early 1990s in California, spinning fever has spread across the country. With the right instructor, this experience can be physically rewarding and fun. Here are five reasons to check out an Indoor Cycling Class at your local gym:
5 Reasons to Fall in Love with Spin
5. Once you start spin, its hard to stop. People who fall in love with spinning end up becoming dedicated to the class. This is motivating news for people with difficulty in finding inspiration to go to the gym.
4. If you have a great instructor, you will look forward to their class every week. Being a good instructor encompasses many qualities such as knowing how to direct the class as a group as well as individually. You will feel as though you are a part of a team but still working towards your individual goals.
3. Spin class can feel like your favorite club with the right music. Some instructors take music suggestions from class participants which makes going to spin and riding to your favorite song like a fun outing more than a work out.
2. Spin classes are offered several time throughout the week. Most gyms offer spin 7 days a week. If your work schedule doesn’t permit you to go in the morning, there are evening as well as weekend classes.
1. Its a great cardio workout! You can burn between 400 and 600 calories in a 45 to 60 minute session. This is a great way to torch those extra calories and get to your goal fast.